Website Design and Development
Scratch Writing, Inc. is based in Pittsburgh. The sort of websites we develop are ideal for many professional groups, businesses, and organizations:
- Websites for Consulting Groups
- Websites for Professional Corporations
- Websites for City Governments
- Websites for Civic Associations
- Websites for Community Groups
- Websites for Doctors
- Websites for Judges
- Websites for Lawyers
- Websites for Restaurants
- Websites for Retail Shop Owners
- Websites for Trade Associations
- Websites for Web Magazines
Call Us Today To Optimize or Develop Your Small Business Website
The content on your small business website is what sells your product (or helps sell your competitors, if it is not produced with some thought and expertise). At Scratch Writing, our primary focus is on producing optimized websites that focus on content and customer experience to help advance your business goals. We make sure your website is doing the following:
- Targeting Your Small Business Customers - We focus on the right key words appropriate for your target market.
- Informing with The Right Semantic Markup - We present your content in clean semantic markup so the search engines can read it efficiently and deliver it to your customers when they need it and when they want it.
- Updating Your Small Business Customers with Fresh, Relevant Content - Let us help you develop the mechanisms to blow your competition away by implementing a content management strategy to offer regularly updated, fresh, original content that is highly relevant to your customers.
- Delighting Your Small Business Customers - Your website should rock and should meet and exceed your customers expectations. We help you identify your key customer touch points and then optimize your site to maximize your customers experience online.
Content Management Systems (CMS)
A content management system (CMS) is a way to manage all the stuff you have or want to publish on your web site. This stuff can include articles, images, documents, blog postings, customer data, and what have you. For many organizations, handling all this information and content, especially for small businesses, is a difficult and costly part of running a web site. Traditionally, content management systems were something only enterprise-level organizations could afford.
A custom designed proprietary CMS can easily run anywhere from 30,000 to 500,000 Dollars. However, with the advent of the open source community, there has a been a great push to make CMS technology available to the masses. As such, several open source content management systems are now freely available.
Joomla is the CMS that we at Scratch Writing, Inc. hang our proverbial hat on. How much does a Joomla CMS cost? It is completely free. That is right--free! Well, not totally free. Unless you have the time to learn how to deploy a freely available CMS, you still have to pay for someone to put it all together for you, but the cost savings are significant none the less. For example, we offer basic CMS powered web sites starting as low as $2,500. Now compare that to even the low end of an enterprise system at $30,000!
Content Writing Services
Content is not just king when it comes to driving traffic to your website, it is a ruthless dictator. Don't leave it to chance.
A well engineered site is only half of an effective web strategy. To get the most of your web site, you need professional quality, text-based content to drive traffic. Through our network of professional writers based in the Pittsburgh-area, Scratch Writing, Inc. delivers top notch writing in the following areas:
- Blog editing / Blog Ghost Writing
Site Support and Consulting Services
Chances are that if you are like most small businesses, you don't have the resources to hire an IT professional to ensure you site and its sensitive content is safe, secure, and available. We truly offer everything you need when it comes to your website:
- Web Master Support Services
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Consultations
- Customer Support
- Domain Administration
- Web Hosting
- Security patches, upgrades
- Software upgrades
- Tools and extensions implementation
- Site Administration Training
- CMS Training
- Email Administration
- Project Management
- User Policy Development and implementation
- Site Content Recommendations